With a fleet of over 11,000 vehicles, Dawsongroup truck and trailer is the largest independent supplier of trucks and trailers in the UK. Our experienced specialists provide award-winning contract hire and rental services and are committed to meeting our customers’ needs with flexible and tailored solutions – whatever the sector, whether it’s a large corporate or a local SME, and for as long as they’re needed. Our aim is to advise, service and support our customers by minimising risk, adding value and protecting capital.
All our staff contribute to providing and promoting service excellence and best-in-class contract hire and rental services. Our HGV Drivers do this through the delivery and collection of assets to and from customer/workshops etc and working with a professional and courteous approach.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Job Holder, reporting directly to the Branch Sales Manager and taking day-to-day instruction from the Operations Manager, is responsible for the safe, legal and compliant delivery and collection of assets to and from their destinations.
This will include, but is not limited to:
• Developing all competencies set out in the job-specific Competency Framework.
• Collecting/delivering vehicles/trailers/documents/parts/etc.
• Driving co-workers to and from destinations.
• Completing minor repairs and adjustments to vehicles.
• Ensuring any hire cars are thoroughly checked and photographed upon receipt.
• Acting in a professional, courteous and polite manner.
• Using our App to conduct thorough and accurate vehicle check ins/outs to determine any damage.
• Maintaining high standards of organisation and tidiness.
• Meeting all Health & Safety obligations.
• Maintaining compliance in the Job Holder’s areas of work.
• Undertaking valeting and cleaning of vehicles to the highest standard.
• Completing ‘walk around checks’ and defect any vehicles.
• Ensuring compliance with the Working Time Directive.
• Completing daily/weekly VC40s/Defect Sheets.
• Completing and submitting daily/weekly time sheets and tachograph records.
• Undertaking any other duties as directed by nominated senior members of staff.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A full, clean and valid driving licence for HGV vehicles.
• Relevant Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC).
• Physical fitness to perform routine vehicle cleaning and maintenance.
• Ability to work independently to high standards and with care and professionalism.
• Vehicle cleaning experience is preferable.